Nearly two months after the release of iOS 5.1 Apple has finally released iOS 5.1.1 out to the public. This update is for all iPhone,iPod touch, and iPad users. The firmware comes with build number 9B206 and includes a variet of bug fixes. One in which fixes the networking issue with the New iPad which would force users to power off, and on their iPads for a working 3G connection.
Here is a list of all the bug fixes noted by Apple:
- Improves the reliability of using the HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in certain circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
You can update today via your devices Settings app ->General tab-> Software Tab. But if your experiencing trouble you may want to grab your USB cable and open iTunes on your computer.
If you like to jailbreak your device, than DO NOT UPDATE. We aren’t aware of what else Apple has patched, so its possible they’ve patched a few needed exploits.