Okay, I admit, I was never a big fan or user of the iOS calendar application. I may use it once and awhile to check the date or an upcoming date. I have never actually added a calendar event though, and mainly because the features are very limited. The interface of the calendar wasn’t very appealing to myself either. So after searching I found a nice Calander application called “Awesome Calendar”. Yeah, not much of a creative name, but the manageability of the calendar is very appealing.
Awesome Calendar, created by Yunasoft, really does add much more capability to your smartphone. After all, they are smartphones, and many busy businessmen use them mainly to keep track of their busy schedules.
First off, user interface is the name of the game. Awesome Calendar has the nice smooth UI along with a bundle of features. I’ve seen a variety of calendar applications in my lifetime with a variety of features, but the UI broke the deal. The sleek graphics used combined with the customization features make for a great application.
One of the features I have come to enjoy was the sync-ability with Google Calendar. It takes only a few seconds and all your calendar updates will be transferred. If you have a Google Calendar being updated by your work or even by yourself, the sync features will come to be convenient. Also adding a calendar event along with notes only takes seconds. Pictures could also be snapped and added to the events notes.
This is a calendar like never before. We’ve seen multiple applications that have these types of functions, but never all in one. And did we mention that users could also check the weather, write/check to-do lists, write a diary,check holidays, and more straight from this application? We know its more than the regular person would use, but we all come across a time to use all the functions. Why note have one application to do them all?
Heres a list of ALL the functions:
- Beautifully elegant interface
- Perfect synchronization with Google Calendar via iCal
- Synchronization with google task
- 3 apps in 1
- Multiple calendar control
- Month, week (collapsible weekends), day and list views
- Grouping of todo tasks option
- Progress overview of todo lists
- Holidays noted for 35 countries
- Quick Add event with simple touch and hold
- Powerful diary lets you type notes and embed photos. Undo/redo supported.
- Full text search for event, note and todo
- Easy-push event alarm
- Weather information display – localized current and 4 day forecast
- Simple swipe to move between months, weeks, days
- Lots of Cuteeeee stickers available to use in month view
- Share events, notes and todo lists from inside the app
- Passcode lock
- Monday/Sunday start option.
- Customized repeatation support
- Exellent calendar curling effect
- Insert photo to note like Awesome Note.
- Sharing note via email.
- Customizable calendar color.
- Font size and Style change option in Monthly view.
- Unlimited adding alarms.
- Badge alarm on icon. Number of today’s events, todos.
- Map displaying with appointment location.
Awesome Calendar can be used on the iPad,iPhone, or iPod touch. If you have the application on multiple devices than iCloud will be used to sync your calendar to all your devices if you choose. Please note that the cost is $2.99 on the iOS app-store. I say its well worth the cash!