We showed you Dashboard X 1.0 just over two months ago. Now the second generation of the tweak that brought widgets to your homescreen is coming soon. The developer decided to re-write the coding from the ground on up, and add a few new features making your user-experience better. So today the brand new features will be reviewed.
The second version of Dashboard X first off features a brand new interface for adding widgets. Instead of a full-page menu, the menu is a small popup-menu. Same goes with the settings panel for each specific widget.
Users can now also change the size of each widget by pinching in, or out. Its an easy and seamless process. But that’s not all. If you switch between portrait and landscape mode, you can now setup the widget size for both modes. In the past mode Dashboard X widgets would be off the screen when switching from portrait to landscape.
One last addition you may of not noticed is the animations present when adding or deleting widgets. They are real nifty in my option.
Now here is a list of changes to come with Dashboard X 2.0:
- Dropped the alert for deleting widgets.
- Pop over for adding a new widget on the iPad.
- Resizing widgets (two finger pinch).
- New animations for adding a new widget on iPhone.
- ‘Suck’ animation when removing widgets.
- In ‘Add New Widget’ dialog widgets no longer have “_” in their names.
- Compatibility with no dots tweak.
- Option to ‘replace background’ — replaces widgets’ backgrounds with a nicer ones.
- When in wiggle mode and moving widgets, a tap and hold is required before actually moving the widget, like with normal app icons.
- Different positions for different orientations on the iPad (on home screen).
- Dashboard screen supports all (landscape right, left and portrait upside down) orientations.
Dashboard X 2.0 is not yet released. The expected release date may come a few weeks from now. The asking price is expected to be $1.99 on the Modmyi repository. This tweak is for both the iPhone and iPad.