iOS 5.1 has finally been released after months of waiting. It surely doesn’t bring major upgrades, but some of the camera updates seem to be working well. If your an iPhone 4s or iPad 2 user we suggest you stay away from iOS 5.1 unless you aren’t interested in a jailbreak.
The devices that can jailbreak include all A4 devices. This includes the iPhone 3GS,4,iPad 1, and iPod Touch. Make sure you save your SHSH Blobs prior to upgrading to iOS 5.1 if you plan to downgrade back to iOS 5.0.1! If your an iPad 2 or iPhone 4s user it isn’t currently possible to save SHSH blobs, so ensure that you don’t upgrade.
1. Hook up your device. Open up Redsn0w and click on ‘Jailbreak’; Now click on ‘Next’. You will need to enter your device into DFU Mode. Follow the On-screen instructions.
2. When you come to a screen with checkbox options ensure ‘Install Cydia’ is checked. The others a personal preferences. Click ‘Next’
3. The On-screen text should continue, and it will say ‘Done’. Now everything will be happening on your device. Do not touch anything. Your device will reboot when finished.
4. Once your device turns on, Cydia will be white. You will need to turn your device off. Go back into Redsn0w on your computer, tap on ‘Extras’. Up top click ‘Just Boot’ and follow the on-screen instructions to boot into DFU mode.
5. Your ALL DONE! Please not that every time your device turns off you will need to boot via Redsn0w like this.
If you found iOS 5.1′s features to be not useful, do not upgrade. A untethered jailbreak is bound to be released during the upcoming weeks.
Thanks for reading! Hope we helped.