The OtterBox Defender Series ranks among one of the top iPad cases on the market as far as protection goes. If your main worry is protection than you’ve found the right case. Over the past few years OtterBox has really been one of the top case producers for iOS devices, and the plus is you know your receiving quality with Otterbox.
The outside casing is a robust silicone material that is durable and can absorb force well. But that not all, the case has two other layers of protection that will work to provide superior protection for your iPad. Its a great engineered case that will never fail to protect your iPad, even from the highest of drops. Thats why their ‘Defender Series’ cases are much thicker than a typical folio case.
- Port protection with complete access to all functions through case–blocks dust and debris from ports which lengthens the life of the device
- Compatible with iPad 2 and the new iPad–the case is a natural extension of the refined technical beauty of the device
- Easy installation–polycarbonate pieces lock together with obvious snap closing, silicone installs easily over polycarbonate and stays in place
- Screen protector fits flush and flat on the screen–protects from scratches and is barely noticeable
- Shield stand–supports viewing in portrait or landscape mode and accommodates a natural typing angle
- Ideal usability with device–all features function fully with case on
- Magnets in shield initiate device sleep mode when on and awaken device when removed–conserves battery power and protects screen when not in use
- Highly portable–even between books in a backpack
The OtterBox Defender case sure does a great job at protecting your iPad, but to lug around such a huge case everywhere seems like a nuisance to myself. But people have opinions, and that is mine. But other than that, the case is great looking, and I don’t mind it. You can pick one up on Amazon for only $50 today!