ZTE Corporation is a Chinese international information technology devices and software company which has its headquarters in Shenzhen province of China. It is the fourth biggest cell phone producer in the world and its main products are wireless technologies, optical carrier and information technology equipment; mobile telephones; information technology software and value-added services like audio and video on demand (AVOD).
As the world’s major information technology companies like Samsung, Asus, Huawei, etc. have introduced super sized cell phones (phablets), ZTE is also entering the phablet market with the introduction of its flagship smartphone, the Grand Memo Phablet which was officially launched in the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013 in the city of Barcelona, in Spain, on 24 February 2013. The Grand Memo is a 5.7 inch Android device and is the first smartphone to use the latest Snapdragon 800 chipset.
The Grand Memo has the best quality specifications which are as follows:
- Hardware – The TFT high definition display screen is 5.7 inch diagonally and has a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The hand set which measures 6.3 x 3.25 x 0.33 inches is very thin and light in weight. It has a metallic blue back. ZTE has created customized keyboards to enable typing and dialing with one hand. ZTE’s mi-POP has a small group of controls (Home, menu and back buttons) that appear on the screen only when needed and will be placed as per the user’s choice. The keyboard automatically moves closer to the hand holding the handset to enable easy typing making one hand use convenient.
- Software – It runs on the optimized Jelly Bean 4.1.2 form of the Android operating system and has ZTE’s Mifavor user interface, which has been specially created for smartphones.
- CPU – It sports Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 800 processor with a quad-core of 1.5GHz making it an absolute interactive machine for gaming.
- Camera – It has a 13 megapixel shooter at the back and a 1 megapixel camera at the front. The camera at the back can take 1080p video and has attributes like time lapse and geotagging. The front facing camera can be used for video chatting.
- Audio – It has Dolby Digital Plus Surround sound technology to provide good quality sound.
- Memory – It has a RAM of 1GB and internal storage of 16GB.
- Battery – The battery is of 3200 mAh.
- Connectivity – It has 4G LTE and dual-band 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi (802.11ac) connectivity which allows the user to access high speed internet connections. Besides this, ZTE is providing its Z Cloud service (supporting MHL and DLNA) with the Grand Memo for additional connectivity.
As the Grand Memo Phablet is excellent for multimedia activities and also for sending and receiving e-mails, browsing the net and contacting people on-the-go, the Grand Memo Phablet will be an essential device for people who have a demanding lifestyle and hence it can be considered to be a versatile large screen smartphone that is appropriate for both home and office use.
It is expected to be released first in China in the second quarter of 2013 and later in Europe. The date for the US release has not yet been announced.
This is a guest post is brought to you by Samantha Kirk, a writer for Centurylink Internet. Samantha provides up to date content and information for high-speed internet, phone services, bundles and other Centurylink offers.